We come in peace...we leave in pieces

Κυριακή, Οκτωβρίου 17, 2004

Shopping...

Yesterday I went to the computer store and bought a Samsung SyncMaster 710v 17" LCD monitor to replace my old and ailing Gateway EV700...
WOW! It's like night and day.... Very very happy with it and finally I can work at 1280*1024 at home as well

I also bought some stuff to upgrade my brother's PC. An Asus P4R800-V Deluxe motherboard, a Prescott P4 3.0Ghz, a gig of ram and a 120gb WD hard drive.

Unfortunately, turns out that one 512mb stick of ram was faulty... Everything, from simple booting to trying to install XP was messing up. Thank god I had a gentoo livecd, booted MEMTEST and found out quickly....

The upgraded PC works fine but the stock Intel fan is SO noisy...and the Prescott runs really hot...

I had the same problem with my Northwood 3.2 and I eventually changed my case to an expensive thermaltake one just to get it a bit quieter....

I think i need to switch to Macs....

2 Comments:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

<< Home